Episode 43 – Stress Levels, Emotional Workloads, Dumb Teachers? & Flipping The Bird

In Episode 43, the following articles and posts were cited and discussed:

‘VCE Anxiety: Our kids are worried sick about school’, Mandy Squires, Geelong Advertiser, 14/10/15, viewed 14/10/15

‘The emotional workload of teachers is too often ignored’, Jean Hopman & Pat Drake, The Conversation, 6/10/15, viewed 11/10/15

‘Teachers Aren’t Dumb’, Daniel T. Willingham, The New York Times, 8/9/15, viewed 12/10/15

One thought on “Episode 43 – Stress Levels, Emotional Workloads, Dumb Teachers? & Flipping The Bird

1. Hi Adam and Rick,

What a great podcast! I wanted to reiterate the point you made about students burning out in university courses after working under stressful conditions during VCE. I ‘attempted’ a secondary teaching course straight out of VCE but buckled under the pressure. Although I lived on campus, I felt anonymous compared to my days at high school were it was a community of learners. I decided to go back to teaching as a mature age student and I think that has done wonders for my confidence when it comes to speaking to families and being able to speak up professionally in meetings each week.

Thanks for the topical and interesting podcasts each week! Always so relevant and easy to listen to.

Cheers
    Claire