Episode 42 – Ethics, Self Care, Digital Literacy & Long Service ‘Leave Us Alone’

In this episode, the following articles and posts were cited and discussed:

‘Ethics classes tackle the tricky questions in school’, Henrietta Cook, The Age, 1/10/15, viewed 1/10/15

‘Teaching: an education in self-care’, Pip McIlroy, Teach For Australia, 28/4/15, viewed 6/10/15

‘OECD: computers haven’t boosted Australian student performance’, James Wells, Education Review, 24/9/15, viewed 2/10/15

One thought on “Episode 42 – Ethics, Self Care, Digital Literacy & Long Service ‘Leave Us Alone’

1. Great listening as per usual. Really taken by the discussion of ‘digital literacy’. I could not agree more about the importance ‘teaching’ this, but I wonder whether it is a way of being or seeing things. I think that more support and guidance needs to provided in regards to what it actually is and what it might be for different people. Too many leaders fail to grasp the benefits because they talk about defensive pressure and zones, yet when you watch back the tape, they never left their man. I compiled my thoughts in my own last chapter for Doug Belshaw’s fantastic The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies (http://readwriterespond.com/?p=476). Plenty there to make you think.