Episode 28 – The A.P., Finland’s Topics, Pre Service Pondering & Camp Competitiveness

For our final episode of Term One, we cited and discussed the following article. We also gave a shameless plug…!

‘Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with ‘topics’ as country reforms its education system’, Richard Garner, The Independent, 20/3/15, viewed 23/3/15

eddy and wills cafe – Opening soon!

2 thoughts on “Episode 28 – The A.P., Finland’s Topics, Pre Service Pondering & Camp Competitiveness

1. Just wanted to say as a relatively new AP myself after many years of classroom teaching, how much of what Nigel said I could relate too! Including cleaning up vomit, fixing taps and dead animals. I always say, the only reason I write a list, is so when I get to end of the day I know all the jobs I didn’t get done! Nigel is right – so much of our role is supporting teachers and making sure they have the time, energy and resources to do their job in the best way they can.

2. Hi Margo,
    Great to hear from you and extra nice to receive some comments back about the episode. It was really interesting to hear Nigel confirm for us that the number one priority is supporting teachers in their practice, because that is how it feels from my end. As he said, it can be as simple as having a conversation with a teacher who has simply had a rough day. These moments are invaluable in my opinion.
    I hope that ‘to do’ list is gathering some dust now that holidays have begun. 🙂
    Cheers,
    Rick