Episode 8 – Devices on Camp, LOTE, Contracts & Yard Duty Beatings

‘Two-thirds of new teachers on contracts’ – Jewel Topsfield ‘The Age

Below is an extract from the ‘Electronic Devices on Camp’ contract that Rick sent home with students prior to Grade 5 camp:

ELECTRONIC DEVICES ON CAMP

Dear Parents,

We understand many students use their electronic device (iPod, iPad etc) to take photographs and that the camera on these devices is the only one they own.

We are happy for parents to give permission for their child to bring their device with a camera to camp, if they do not have a standard camera.

The following guidelines will apply:

• Personal cameras/devices are the sole responsibility of the student whilst on camp. The school has no liability over loss, misuse or damage to the device
  • Students are not to make phone calls or send text messages from their devices  (if they have this capability)
  • Students are not to upload photos to any non-school social networks they may be members of (ie. Instagram) whilst on camp

If your child will be bringing their personal device to camp, please complete the short contract below and hand to your child’s class teacher on the morning of camp.

————————————————————————————————————————–

I __________________am happy for my child to bring their personal device to camp and have read and understood the guidelines with my child.

Signed: ______________________________________ (parent)

I__________________ have read the guidelines and understand that I am responsible for the correct use of my device on camp.

Signed:______________________________________ (student)

20140817-134015.jpg